Why Museum Framing
In his career, Rick has framed such things as the 13th Amendment signed by President Abraham Lincoln and Congress, unique antique maps and prints from the 1400s, as well as rare museum quality artifacts.
From a college diploma to a Rare George Washington signed letter, he delivers the same care for anything you need properly preserved and framed. Even our Museum Frame 100tm, our trademark “Museum Quality” ready made frame which is the only one on the market with 100% Museum Grade materials and techniques that will SURPASS your expectations........and preserve your diploma, artwork, photograph for many years to come!
In addition to Rick’s knowledge and skill, you will be ASSURED and GUARANTEED that he will give you the best possible price WITHOUT the use of gimmicks, false discounts or insulting promotions. Since 1989, he has lived up to the promise of giving his clients the best possible price, respect and service. Rick and his staff are very much committed to you and he PROMISES 100% COMPLETE SATISFACTION.
We are members of the following organizations and adhere to their strict ethical standards:
- Manuscript Society
- Washington Conservation Guild
- American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works
- American Numismatic Association
- Fine Art Trade Guild
Our frames are handmade in the United States by experienced framers.
We carry Forest Stewardship Council Products (FSC) products. These products adhere to principles and criteria for forest managment.
Don't fall for the "acid free" nonsense!
These mats are made from wood pulp that has been buffered to a neutral pH. Over time, these mats will stain the perimeter of your artwork, which is harmful to the item being framed.
Whether you chose our Museum Grade Ready Made Frames, Preservation Framing Services, or Volume Framing, we use the followig guidelines:
- We ONLY use 100% Museum Rag mat board and backing, which is the HIGHEST quality available on the marketplace!
- We NEVER use foam backing, even "acid free"! All foamcore backing outgasses which deteriorates and discolors over time.
- The glazing (trade term for glass or acrylic) we use is also museum grade. It is important that the glass or acrylic which contains the artwork, document or artifact consist of 98% UV filtering properties as recommended by The International Organization for Standardization.
- Our mounting techniques are the same used by international renowned archivists, curators and librarians for their safety and preservation qualities.
Our own line of Museum Frames, with our patent pending frame backing system, consists of techniques used to protect the item being framed from outside contaminants and provide a secure, finished appearance.
Your artwork is preserved with the best materials on the market and will last for many years of enjoyment. Only a collector and specialist of early and rare manuscripts would understand the need for the materials and techniques to preserve their cherished artifacts for many decades of enjoyment. We still do work for many people since our inception.